Find a roofer in Lansing, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the most suitable season for roofing jobs?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofing professionals per square foot?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Lansing, New York. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Lansing, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Lansing, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lansing, New York. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.