Find a roofer in Lakewood, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to get roofing services done?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
At which point should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lakewood, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Lakewood, New York. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Lakewood, New York. Find the right contractor for your home today.