Find a roofer in Lakewood, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Lakewood, NY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lakewood, NY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.