Find a roofer in Lake View, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Lake View, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Lake View, New York
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Lake View, New York, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.