Find a roofer in Lake Placid, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to have roofing services performed?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Lake Placid, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lake Placid, NY. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.