Find a roofer in Lake George, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the perfect time for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
At which point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lake George, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Lake George, NY. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.