Find a roofer in Kings Park, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kings Park, New YorkHome // New York // Kings Park
Roofing Maintenance Services in Kings Park, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Kings Park, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.