Find a roofer in Kew Gardens, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kew Gardens, New YorkHome // New York // Kew Gardens
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Kew Gardens, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Kew Gardens, New York. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.