Find a roofer in Kent, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Kent, NY. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Most roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the typical price charged by roofing experts for a replacement job?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What are the typical costs related to repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Kent, NY
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Kent, NY, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.