Find a roofer in Jordan, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Jordan, NY
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Jordan, NY. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Jordan, NY. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.