Find a roofer in Jericho, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Jericho, NY. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Jericho, New YorkHome // New York // Jericho
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Jericho, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Jericho, NY. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.