Find a roofer in Islip, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Islip, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Islip, New YorkHome // New York // Islip
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Islip, NY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Islip, NY. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.