Find a roofer in Hurley, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Hurley, New York. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
At what time should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What kind of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Hurley, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Hurley, New York. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.