Find a roofer in Huntington Station, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Huntington Station, New YorkHome // New York // Huntington Station
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Huntington Station, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Huntington Station, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Huntington Station, New York. Find the right contractor for your home now.