Find a roofer in Hunt, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I schedule to get roofing services done?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
When is a roof inspection necessary?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Hunt, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Hunt, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.