Find a roofer in Howard Beach, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Howard Beach, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Howard Beach, New YorkHome // New York // Howard Beach
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Howard Beach, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Howard Beach, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.