Find a roofer in Holtsville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Holtsville, NY. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Holtsville, New YorkHome // New York // Holtsville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Holtsville, NY
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Holtsville, NY, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.