Find a roofer in Holmes, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Holmes, NY. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
At what time should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What kind of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Holmes, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Holmes, NY. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.