Find a roofer in Hollis, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Hollis, New York. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hollis, New YorkHome // New York // Hollis
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Hollis, New York
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Hollis, New York, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.