Find a roofer in Hinsdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Hinsdale, New York. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are affiliated with fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Hinsdale, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Hinsdale, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.