Find a roofer in Hinsdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Hinsdale, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Hinsdale, New York. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Hinsdale, New York. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.