Find a roofer in Hilton, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hilton, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Hilton, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.