Find a roofer in Hillsdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Hillsdale, New York. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the standard price charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected for roof repair services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Hillsdale, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Hillsdale, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.