Find a roofer in Hicksville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hicksville, New YorkRoofing // New York // Hicksville
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the most appropriate season for roofing projects?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Hicksville, NY. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I consider having a roof inspection done?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Hicksville, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Hicksville, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hicksville, NY. Find the right contractor for your house today.