Find a roofer in Hewlett, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Hewlett
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the usual price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When during the year is good for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Hewlett, NY
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Hewlett, NY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.