Find a roofer in Haverstraw, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
At what point should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the usual cost of roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Haverstraw, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Haverstraw, New York. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.