Find a roofer in Hartsdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What season is best for roofing services?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Hartsdale, NY
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Hartsdale, NY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.