Find a roofer in Harriman, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Harriman
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I book an appointment to have roofing contractors come out?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Harriman, New York. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Harriman, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Harriman, New York. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.