Find a roofer in Harriman, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Harriman, New York
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Harriman, New York, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Harriman, New York. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.