Find a roofer in Harpursville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What time of year is ideal for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical price roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Harpursville, NY. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
At what stage should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Harpursville, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Harpursville, NY. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.