Find a roofer in Guilford, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Guilford, New York
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Guilford, New York. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.