Find a roofer in Groton, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Most roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical cost of roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Groton, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Groton, New York. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.