Find a roofer in Greene, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary cost per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Greene, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Greene, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.