Find a roofer in Great Neck, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Great Neck, New YorkHome // New York // Great Neck
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Great Neck, NY
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Great Neck, NY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Great Neck, NY. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.