Find a roofer in Great Bend, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Great Bend, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Great Bend, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.