Find a roofer in Glenwood Landing, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Glenwood Landing, New YorkHome // New York // Glenwood Landing
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Glenwood Landing, NY
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Glenwood Landing, NY, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Glenwood Landing, NY. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.