Find a roofer in Glen Spey, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Glen Spey, NY. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Glen Spey, NY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Glen Spey, NY, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Glen Spey, NY. Find the right contractor for your property today.