Find a roofer in Georgetown, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which season should I schedule an appointment for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the common rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
What is the proper time to request a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Georgetown, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Georgetown, NY. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.