Find a roofer in Geneva, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I estimate for rooftop repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Geneva, NY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Geneva, NY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.