Find a roofer in Gardiner, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Gardiner, NY. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Gardiner, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Gardiner, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.