Find a roofer in Fulton, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is ideal for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Fulton, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Fulton, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Fulton, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.