Find a roofer in Fulton, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Fulton, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Fulton, NY. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fulton, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.