Find a roofer in Fresh Meadows, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Fresh Meadows, New YorkHome // New York // Fresh Meadows
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Fresh Meadows, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Fresh Meadows, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fresh Meadows, New York. Get the roofing services you need for your home now.