Find a roofer in Frankfort, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Frankfort, New York. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What costs are associated with fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Frankfort, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Frankfort, New York. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Frankfort, New York. Find the right contractor for your house today.