Find a roofer in Frankfort, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the ideal season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is the correct time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Frankfort, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Frankfort, New York. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.