Find a roofer in Flushing, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Flushing, New YorkRoofing // New York // Flushing
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to get roofing contractors come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Flushing, New York. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the appropriate time to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Flushing, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Flushing, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.