Find a roofer in Florida, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Florida, New YorkRoofing // New York // Florida
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost of roof replacement services from a roofing specialist?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Florida, New York
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Florida, New York, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.