Find a roofer in Fishkill, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What time of year is best for a roof job?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the normal period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
When is a roof inspection required?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Fishkill, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Fishkill, NY. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.