Find a roofer in Farmingdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Farmingdale, New YorkRoofing // New York // Farmingdale
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much does it cost to maintain a roof top?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Farmingdale, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Farmingdale, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.