Find a roofer in Farmingdale, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Farmingdale, New YorkHome // New York // Farmingdale
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Farmingdale, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Farmingdale, New York. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Farmingdale, New York. Find the right contractor for your house right away.